Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting up a "tin-look" ceiling that uses 2'x4' plastic glue-up panels in our kitchen. The kitchen is an L-shape so its important that the panels line up straight. To do this I need a straight line down the middle. If it was a floor I would snap a chalk line, but I think a laser line along the ceiling (25' in this case) would work better. Is there a reasonable cost laser that I can buy for this?

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
26,862 Posts
I am putting up a "tin-look" ceiling that uses 2'x4' plastic glue-up panels in our kitchen. The kitchen is an L-shape so its important that the panels line up straight. To do this I need a straight line down the middle. If it was a floor I would snap a chalk line, but I think a laser line along the ceiling (25' in this case) would work better. Is there a reasonable cost laser that I can buy for this?

Thanks
Steve
Radio Shack makes a laser level you could clamp to a saw horse or something that would make the line for you. Radio Shack Multipurpose Laser Level - Amazon.com On the end of it you can set it for a point or slide a lever and it makes a line.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe he is like the rest of us. Just looking for a reason to buy a new tool
Oh Oh, you're onto my plan!

I have been eyeing a rotating laser for a few years now.

I had to move along with the ceiling, so I used a chalk line which actually worked better than I thought it would (25' long run).

I'll have to think up a better excuse for a laser next time.

Wait a minute! I am putting up backsplash tiles soon, think I need a laser for that.:yes:

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts