Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, as mentioned in my first post in the Introduction thread, I have a large wooden door/frame that I need help identifying. The information that I have is that it was made somewhere on the East coast....I know.. vague right? and was built loosely around 2000. The previous (2nd) owner said it cost $8,000 new, and the little glass "bullet hole" style glasses were roughly $100 a piece. If anyone has any info that may help, I would greatly appreciate it. The door itself has no tags, stamps, or anything, which suprises me because I would think someone would be proud of this thing. The frame is roughly 8' wide and 10-12' tall (outside dimensions). As I remember and/or learn more I will post back with that info.

Thanks again, and in advance!
Casey

Attachments

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
In a past life, I collected old window glass. Resale to cabinet makers who wanted pre-float cylinder glass which can be dizzying with optical thickness flaws.
What I see in your little windows is VERY OLD salvage = a gob of melt on a rod was hand spun into a disk. Popped off as it cooled and eventually squared up. I found a panel, 3 X 3, of those things in a very old lakeside cottage door. I bought a whole new door + windows, owner happy to be able to see out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.