Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
See how the cord starts to wrap around the router and he has to change his hands on the handle? Instead use a large template bushing in a drilled hole, then the router position never changes in one's hands.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See how the cord starts to wrap around the router and he has to change his hands on the handle? Instead use a large template bushing in a drilled hole, then the router position never changes in one's hands.

That's brilliant!

I build speaker cabinets for a living so I use a regular circle jig all the time and encounter that problem. on smaller pieces it's not as big of an issue but still a great idea. I wonder if I can incorporate that into my other cirlce jig

·
Super Moderator
5,116 Posts

That is a great idea, I wish I had known that back when I was working. Thanks for sharing.

·
John
3,028 Posts
That's brilliant!

I build speaker cabinets for a living so I use a regular circle jig all the time and encounter that problem. on smaller pieces it's not as big of an issue but still a great idea. I wonder if I can incorporate that into my other cirlce jig
Depends on how large of a bit opening you have in the jig. If possible, center it up on a drill press and use a forstner bit the size of bushing you want to use. Otherwise, you can clone the jig you have and just incorporate the right size bit opening. I did that with my Jasper 400. I also do that with "project specific" circle jigs I make. The first two pics are my Jasper clone and the third is one I made for a project that had four different radius arcs. The project jig used a 1" bushing while the clone uses a 1/2" bushing.:smile:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts