Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting blade vibration in my 3/4" 3 tpi Laguna Blade. At first I thought my blade was rubbing but it only happens at high speed. I have read that can be a tension thing but I am already at the top of the tension meter for my saw and want to be sure I don't damage anything.

·
where's my table saw?
28,591 Posts
high speed?

You have 2 speeds?
You should only use the highest speed for wood in any case.

Imagine this. The blade is under tension, maybe not enough. When the wood interrupts the blade's tension, the blade tends to stack up above the workpiece, and flutter. The greater the tension, the less it will flutter.
The faster you feed the work, the better chance it will flutter, since the cutting action can't keep up with the chip removal. The blade is always being pulled through the workpiece downward into the table. You can't push on a rope, it will just curl up or roll up. You can pull on a rope or blade in this case, and it will straighten right out.

If you are at the limits of the tension gauge on your machine, you may need a new spring, or the blade is just a bit too long, an aftermarket blade?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No sorry, not two speeds. When i turn the wheel with my hand slowly it is fine. Turing manually quickly or turning the machine on it rattles. Its a laguna blade on a laguna saw so o issues there. Also the rattleing aslo happens when theres nothing being cut.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts