Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We built this countertop on site this week and finished it. We've got about 30 hours over 6 days in the project. This was by far the most complicated slab job I've done to date.

We do alot of slabs for customers but they are usually just straight runs. This countertop was constructed with 20 individual pieces cut and fitted together.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The kitchen is in an added on part of the existing house. It is now in the back across from the front door. The door in the pics is actually the back of the house. They still have a working kitchen at the front of the house that will soon be demolished when this one is fully functional.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Dave, what is this little cubby for ? It looks like the electrician is done, already has his switch plates on. Is that other rough in box some kinda media cable ?

Oh, and another job well done, of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
details big dave,what is the finish,what wood species,how was it cut and how is it joined.....awesome
It's easier for me to just answer questions as they come up than try to think of them all beforehand so here goes.

Wood is 3" thick White Pine. The finish is a two part bartop epoxy. The wood was cut with a 16" Makita skil saw. It was joined with biscuits to line up everyting then a generous slathering of Gorilla glue with a few 3" screws driven at angles on the under side to pin everything while it all set up.

Dave, what is this little cubby for ? It looks like the electrician is done, already has his switch plates on. Is that other rough in box some kinda media cable ?

Oh, and another job well done, of course.
The cubby is for a computer tower. they plan on setting the monitor in the corner on top and mounting a keyboard slide to the bottom of the top.

·
Super Moderator
4,405 Posts
Dave, I think I've seen these photos somewhere else. Nice job buddy. I love the finish. Hope they're happy with it for a long time.

·
Pianoman
708 Posts
Very nice work Dave, I hope they picked out some nice stools or chairs for the room. The top is such a Dynamic... it needs good company. If it was my house... I`d have you design the seating. Well done!! Rick

·
Pianoman
708 Posts
Think I hit the wrong button

Sorry guys... I think the first message went through.:blink: It`ll never happen again:glare: :laughing:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts