Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to refinish kitchen cabinets this week, removing the existing stain and applying new stain. The stain instructions say to apply with a brush and allow to dry. In reading a lot of different sites, many are saying to apply with a rag and wipe off. I'm looking to hear recommendations.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I think this will be easier than normal as I believe the original stain job was done by the previous homeowner. They left brush marks and was overall not very well done and from taking the doors down, it appears the cabinets had some sort of clear coat that was not sanded before the staining was done. I am sure once I get started I will feel like the project seemed easier than what I am thinking, but heading in with full optimism!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply. The gel coat does seem to fit what I am describing as I have been able to scrape some of the surfaces quite easily to help reduce some of the clogging of my sandpaper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.