Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to build a kitchen base cabinet and I am looking for a plan or ideas.It is going to be 56"wide and 23"deep.It will need to have four doors.I am putting a butcher block top on it that I already have.I basically need a detailed plan and my problem is how to build the center panel so that doors two and three can be mounted.It will need to be a face frame style so as to match existing cabinets and it will be painted.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If I can get a few details I'll make you a cutlist.

Do you want doors on both sides?

Do you want toe kicks on both front and back or all four sides or no toe kick at all?

How many shelves do you want inside?

Please include any other details that I might have forgotten.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks Big Dave,
Doors on front only as unit is going against wall so toe kick in front only and the back must have a cut out to go over baseboard heating 8" high 3" deep.The left portion will be shelving and we are thinking of two pull out shelves on heavy duty slides(Rockler) for larger pots and pans on the right side of the unit.Dimensions overall are 56"wide and 34 1/2" tall and 23" deep.I will use a face frame with biscuits.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Ok. I'll work on it and try to have it tonight for you. I'll also include some different views so you can see how to put it together.

Do you want to dado anything or just butt joint the bottom to the ends?

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
Ok. I'll work on it and try to have it tonight for you. I'll also include some different views so you can see how to put it together.

Do you want to dado anything or just butt joint the bottom to the ends?

Make it for inset doors. I hate overlay doors Dave. What program is that you are using to get the fine looking renderings.:blink:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Ok here you go. Make sure and double check everything before you cut. I've never had a cutlist be wrong but there is a first time for everything. I saved the cabinet so if there are any other questions I can go back and look at it or take pics from another angle if you need.

The materials I use will be different from what you will use but it has the right thicknesses. I think the dado on the ends is 3/8 inch deep. That is the only place that is dadoed (sp?), everything else is butt joints.

Front view

Back view

Left end

right end

cut list.

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
Oh, the back is rabbeted in also so you don't see it from the sides.

Oh now you tell me. Now I have to start all over again.

Good job Dave.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am at a loss for words at this kind of help from Big Dave.I am amazed at the quick response and most excellent plan.Wow.Thank you Dave!!!I will post pictures soon.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Not a problem. Glad to help. I do want to say that all the wood thicknesses are 3/4" with the exception of the back and pullout bottoms which are 1/4" and the pullout sides which are 1/2". I forgot to change the construction parameters of the pullouts. You might want to make the pullouts out of all 3/4" stock to make them more heavy duty. If that's the case them all the part measurements are not right for the pullouts.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Hey Pigroll, I double checked the cabinet this morning and found some errors. I've fixed the errors and changed the pullout cut list to all 3/4 material of the right size. I'm posting the new cutlist below. Hope you see this before you get too far into the project.

Make sure you cut the doors out of the list at the very bottom. The door sizes at the top are before edgebanding and are wrong. It's kinda confusing but if you make the outside dimensions of your doors the sizes shown in the bottom list you'll be ok.

If you have any questions just bring them up here or PM me and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts