Woodworking Talk banner

Kiln dried walnut 3 x 3 x 12"

6K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  DaveTTC 
#1 ·
Set of four kiln dried Walnut 3 X 3 X 12". Each piece is solid dark and kiln dried 7-10%. Beautiful Walnut grain and color in each piece. Each set is $30 which includes delivery within the U.S.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Yes, very satisfied. I got exactly what is pictured here, kiln dried PM blanks. I needed dried blanks as I was in a pinch and needed them for a Christmas gift. My only complaint and its not really a complaint is the wood was a chocolate color when finished. I prefer my walnut a touch darker than that. I dunno if kiln drying lightens the wood or if that was just the color of the wood but I took a piece of some walnut that I have air drying and put a bit of finish on it and it is a whole lot darker than this. Still happy with my purchase though and would/will buy from him again. $7.50 shipped for a dry walnut PM blank is hard to beat!! I wouldnt even sell what I have cut from my own yard for that price.

#10 ·
BassBlaster said:
Yes, very satisfied. I got exactly what is pictured here, kiln dried PM blanks. I needed dried blanks as I was in a pinch and needed them for a Christmas gift. My only complaint and its not really a complaint is the wood was a chocolate color when finished. I prefer my walnut a touch darker than that. I dunno if kiln drying lightens the wood or if that was just the color of the wood but I took a piece of some walnut that I have air drying and put a bit of finish on it and it is a whole lot darker than this. Still happy with my purchase though and would/will buy from him again. $7.50 shipped for a dry walnut PM blank is hard to beat!! I wouldnt even sell what I have cut from my own yard for that price.
Thanks Bass, I am needing to order some for bottle stoppers and more mills. I have 10 stainless steel bottle stoppers that I should get Wed or Thur. I do have some cherry and walnut on hand. I was thinking about order the Easter red cedar for bottle stoppers. I have never turned cedar and not sure how it turns. However, I have seen some nice cedar bowls here.
Tom

#13 ·
Eastern red cedar turns like butter, plus the shavings are great for aroma while you are turning. I had a tree get taken down during a storm 3 years ago- while surveying property I cut a log off & it was beautiful stuff. Made my daughter an ornament from it for Christmas this year.

Bill

#22 ·
TomC said:
I have not used a money order in many years. Most things I order online I use credit cards. Let me change that , anything I have ever order online has been with a credit card.
Tom
T
Any reason you don't want a PayPal account. They are easy to set up and secure from my experience. If you are worried about credit card security I have never found it an issue but another option is a 'pre-paid' credit card, or a debit MasterCard which only lets you spend money actually in the account.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

#23 ·
DaveTTC said:
Any reason you don't want a PayPal account. They are easy to set up and secure from my experience. If you are worried about credit card security I have never found it an issue but another option is a 'pre-paid' credit card, or a debit MasterCard which only lets you spend money actually in the account.

Dave The Turning Cowboy
Dave, I'm not sure what you are saying? Why would I need a prepaid credit card when I use a regular credit card? The problem is he does not accept credit cards. I don't see any reason to open a pay pal account to use very infrequently.
Tom

#24 ·
TomC said:
Dave, I'm not sure what you are saying? Why would I need a prepaid credit card when I use a regular credit card? The problem is he does not accept credit cards. I don't see any reason to open a pay pal account to use very infrequently.
Tom
Must of confused things

Some people shy away from PayPal because it 'keeps' your credit card details.

If that was your concern there are other types of credit cards which are useful for people that want to 'protect themselves' from credit card fraud to the extent that no more than the amount of money 'in' the account can be taken.

Personally I find PayPal useful. At first I probably used once a year but now more frequently. I don't have to have my wallet on me, just remember my email and the password I set up and the rest is done.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

#26 ·
DaveTTC said:
Must of confused things

Some people shy away from PayPal because it 'keeps' your credit card details.

If that was your concern there are other types of credit cards which are useful for people that want to 'protect themselves' from credit card fraud to the extent that no more than the amount of money 'in' the account can be taken.

Personally I find PayPal useful. At first I probably used once a year but now more frequently. I don't have to have my wallet on me, just remember my email and the password I set up and the rest is done.

Dave The Turning Cowboy
Dave,
I did open a PayPal account when I learned that I could use it almost just like my credit card. I though you had to have an account with money in it. When I checked into it further I learned that you can link it to a checking account (which I will not do) or enter your credit card number. I had to do this as there was this site and one other that I wanted to order from that only accept PayPal.
Tom

#27 ·
TomC said:
Dave,
I did open a PayPal account when I learned that I could use it almost just like my credit card. I though you had to have an account with money in it. When I checked into it further I learned that you can link it to a checking account (which I will not do) or enter your credit card number. I had to do this as there was this site and one other that I wanted to order from that only accept PayPal.
Tom
That's great Tom, glad it worked out for you. I'm sure you will find it very handy. ;)

Dave The Turning Cowboy

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.