Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set of four kiln dried Walnut 3 X 3 X 12". Each piece is solid dark and kiln dried 7-10%. Beautiful Walnut grain and color in each piece. Each set is $30 which includes delivery within the U.S.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Set of four kiln dried Walnut 3 X 3 X 12". Each piece is solid dark and kiln dried 7-10%. Beautiful Walnut grain and color in each piece. Each set is $30 which includes delivery within the U.S.

What part of Indiana are you located. Im in Indianapolis, are you close?

Jack

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
I just bought a box of walnut from him last week for the same price so theres definately some available. I hooked up with him on WB.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
BassBlaster said:
I just bought a box of walnut from him last week for the same price so theres definately some available. I hooked up with him on WB.:thumbsup:
Bass, we're you satisfied with the product? I noted on his site some wood is kiln dried and some is not. Did you get dried or wet wood.
Tom

·
2,442 Posts
Yes, very satisfied. I got exactly what is pictured here, kiln dried PM blanks. I needed dried blanks as I was in a pinch and needed them for a Christmas gift. My only complaint and its not really a complaint is the wood was a chocolate color when finished. I prefer my walnut a touch darker than that. I dunno if kiln drying lightens the wood or if that was just the color of the wood but I took a piece of some walnut that I have air drying and put a bit of finish on it and it is a whole lot darker than this. Still happy with my purchase though and would/will buy from him again. $7.50 shipped for a dry walnut PM blank is hard to beat!! I wouldnt even sell what I have cut from my own yard for that price.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
BassBlaster said:
Yes, very satisfied. I got exactly what is pictured here, kiln dried PM blanks. I needed dried blanks as I was in a pinch and needed them for a Christmas gift. My only complaint and its not really a complaint is the wood was a chocolate color when finished. I prefer my walnut a touch darker than that. I dunno if kiln drying lightens the wood or if that was just the color of the wood but I took a piece of some walnut that I have air drying and put a bit of finish on it and it is a whole lot darker than this. Still happy with my purchase though and would/will buy from him again. $7.50 shipped for a dry walnut PM blank is hard to beat!! I wouldnt even sell what I have cut from my own yard for that price.
Thanks Bass, I am needing to order some for bottle stoppers and more mills. I have 10 stainless steel bottle stoppers that I should get Wed or Thur. I do have some cherry and walnut on hand. I was thinking about order the Easter red cedar for bottle stoppers. I have never turned cedar and not sure how it turns. However, I have seen some nice cedar bowls here.
Tom

·
2,442 Posts
ERC makes me sneeze like crazy when I cut it. I havnt turned any yet but I do love it. He actually tossed in a free blank with my order, an ERC PM blank so I will be turning some soon!!:thumbsup:

·
I got wood
27 Posts
Eastern red cedar turns like butter, plus the shavings are great for aroma while you are turning. I had a tree get taken down during a storm 3 years ago- while surveying property I cut a log off & it was beautiful stuff. Made my daughter an ornament from it for Christmas this year.

Bill

·
Registered
119 Posts
I juat recently purchased some stuff from this guy and gave me a great deal on a bunch of wood and i can vouch for him that hes a great person to deal with and will be getting more.of my business in the near future.

·
humble artizan
107 Posts
I have about 3/8ths of a cord of air dried English Walnut.. it's been stored for 18 years in a dry storage trailer. Can supply various sizes at the same price you see here

PM me to buy

·
Turning Wood Into Art
4,043 Posts
ERC makes me sneeze like crazy when I cut it. I havnt turned any yet but I do love it. He actually tossed in a free blank with my order, an ERC PM blank so I will be turning some soon!!:thumbsup:
What is a 'PM' blank?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts