Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
For my children's furniture, I use decent 3/4" birch or oak plywood. Get some with at least 5 or 7 plys. Like the guys said above, take your time and make cuts smooth--then I use a round-over router bit wherever a kids hands or face might come in contact with an edge.

I REALLY dislike MDF. It is so fake to me. Nothing will hold up like decent plywood. Make sure it has at least one good, smooth and sanded side--saves tons of time puttying and sanding.

Here is a link to a race car bed I did several years back. I used to sell them for $800 a piece, plus shipping. Sent them all over the U.S.

Airbrushed all of the final details (I used to be one of those beach airbrush T-shirt artists)

http://www.makeitwithjason.com/how-i-learned-to-build-a-nascar-themed-race-car-bed-for-toddlers/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.