Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, its about that time... Spring and summer are soon over, and the WW itch has began. Now time to scratch.

Last week my nephew turned 1, and for his birthday, I went the route of building his present. First build in over 6 months, and now my mind wont stay off of WW.

This is nothing special, found the plans online, but the kid loved it, and it was a hit at the party with all the other kids. Yes, even over the fire trucks and tractors, for some reason they all wanted to play with the barn.

Just built out of 3/4 cab grade ply and poplar. But it amazes me how $50 worth of material and some of your time can bring hours upon hours of happiness for a little kid. And that is why I get pleasure building childrens furniture.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Nice job, I can see why they'd love that. Did you treat them to the Angus Barn as well?

EDIT: I see you're in Georgia so perhaps the kids name is Raleigh. The build just reminded me of a good steak house in Raleigh, NC called the Angus Barn.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
That is cute. I think I could build and sell those. I guess it is about 4 foot tall? Did you screw the top to the wall so the grandkids would not pull it down? I know my grandkids would want to climb on it!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is cute. I think I could build and sell those. I guess it is about 4 foot tall? Did you screw the top to the wall so the grandkids would not pull it down? I know my grandkids would want to climb on it!!

Thanks. No I did not mount it to the wall, however I did warn the sister that she should though. They haven't decided where it was going to go so I did my due diligence by telling them it needed to be done... :no:

Yes it was actually 44" high. My parents on a Christmas tree farm, and the biggest thing about the farm is the Big Red Barn. So I was thinking of making a couple and try to sell them at the farm this Christmas.

·
Registered
18 Posts
awesome work, and inspiration to build my son the "sword" he's been designing... not sure what the safety instructions will be on this one?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts