Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost done with this project, need to pick up some gloss poly tomorrow. I'll start out with a couple beginning photos, and let the guessing begin....:laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts
Alchymist said:
Almost done with this project, need to pick up some gloss poly tomorrow. I'll start out with a couple beginning photos, and let the guessing begin....:laughing:
It's an elevated table of some sort right? That's what I'm getting from the "legs" from the wood I see on the table saw my next guess would be an elevated cutting board or elevated table of some sort.

·
Hobbyist wood-butcher
1,585 Posts
It is a cutting board!

My official guess is that it is an elevated cutting board for a tall person.

Either way, I'm loving it!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Now that I have looked in more detail, I think it's two sets of QUESTION MARKS, in a stand off/fight.

Round ONE is about to begin, do I hear a bell?

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
You are guessing what tools to toss in the trash! Correct???

My answer: First toss the Irwin clamps (the plastic 'china' junk). Those are garbage not fit for a 'proper' shop or woodworker... The Jorgensons will last a lifetime and can do darn near anything - Keep those.

After that toss the coping saw. KEEP the blades and handle but definitely toss the rear round part that actually supports the blade. Those round ones 'flex' like a mug and are worthless in MY opinion. You want one that is flat so there is NO 'flexing' going on at all. The 'good ones' come from Germany now and are somewhat hardened and FLAT steel...

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's another progress photo. And don't knock the Irwin clamps, they are handy for a quick one-handed positioning clamp. If I need heavy clamping, out comes the C clamps. And that little coping saw has cut many miles of wood....:yes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wood in the stand is cherry and walnut, the plate itself is walnut and poplar with a couple pieces of cherry. While chopping out the parts, put the band saw to some scraps and made a little box. Base is live edge peach, box is oak, poplar and walnut.

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
That really quite handsome projects! I love the design on the stand and the band saw box is very pleasing to the eye.The stand is simple but complex. Great job.

·
Hobbyist wood-butcher
1,585 Posts
That is Awesome! Very nice job, and I'm sure they will love it!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts