Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cedar Box Maker
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Tuesday my wife and I were coming through the Dallas area, when I remembered some things I needed at Lowe's. So I stopped at the Lowe's at 11333 E. Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX. Went in, got what I needed and went thru the checkout. I pushed my buggy thru the front door and decided to not push that buggy any farther. So I got my three or four sacks out of the buggy and went to my truck, put the bags in the back of the truck and left.:eek:
When we got home, (100 miles down the road), I realized I had left my new TS blade in the buggy. :eek:OH, NO :eek: Well I searched the sacks, I searched the truck and no blade.
I got on the phone and asked for the manager. A nice lady came to the phone and after me explaining what I had done she said; "Oh that's ok you can pick up another one the next time your in." So I said; "No, you don't understand, It may be a long time before I'm back in your store, and I need that blade now, because I live a hundred miles from your store". She couldn't believe I lived a hundred miles from that store and would be shopping there. So I asked her if she would mail or ship the blade to me. She said, "Yes I'll ship it out tomorrow morning. Of course I had to read her some information off the receipt for her to make sure I had been there and had paid for the blade.
In two days UPS delivered my saw blade to my front door.
Thanks, Tricia, Great customer service. :thumbsup::thumbsup::yes:

Reactions: ryan50hrl

·
Banned
3,533 Posts
That's great! It's good to hear about good customer service.

I, on the other hand, have started shopping more and more at HD because Lowes has changed their veteran's discount policy. No biggee, I'm not offended, but I'd gotten used to getting it and now I don't qualify unless it's Veteran's day, July 4th and Memorial day (I think).

So, HD gets more of my money now...

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
That's great! It's good to hear about good customer service.

I, on the other hand, have started shopping more and more at HD because Lowes has changed their veteran's discount policy. No biggee, I'm not offended, but I'd gotten used to getting it and now I don't qualify unless it's Veteran's day, July 4th and Memorial day (I think).

So, HD gets more of my money now...
Is it a local thing? My local store has the discount daily.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
This past Tuesday my wife and I were coming through the Dallas area, when I remembered some things I needed at Lowe's. So I stopped at the Lowe's at 11333 E. Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX. Went in, got what I needed and went thru the checkout. I pushed my buggy thru the front door and decided to not push that buggy any farther. So I got my three or four sacks out of the buggy and went to my truck, put the bags in the back of the truck and left.:eek:
When we got home, (100 miles down the road), I realized I had left my new TS blade in the buggy. :eek:OH, NO :eek: Well I searched the sacks, I searched the truck and no blade.
I got on the phone and asked for the manager. A nice lady came to the phone and after me explaining what I had done she said; "Oh that's ok you can pick up another one the next time your in." So I said; "No, you don't understand, It may be a long time before I'm back in your store, and I need that blade now, because I live a hundred miles from your store". She couldn't believe I lived a hundred miles from that store and would be shopping there. So I asked her if she would mail or ship the blade to me. She said, "Yes I'll ship it out tomorrow morning. Of course I had to read her some information off the receipt for her to make sure I had been there and had paid for the blade.
In two days UPS delivered my saw blade to my front door.
Thanks, Tricia, Great customer service. :thumbsup::thumbsup::yes:
Kudos to Lowes. That's some great service. Is it beyond the call of duty? I think it is, but it's those acts of kindness that creates good will and customer loyalty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts