Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow addicted turners! I just stumbled onto the site today and after an hour or so of snooping through the posts I thought I'd better join up. I'm just an old retired guy who started woodworking about 1958 or 59(can't remember that far back). I'm just getting into turning again. Haven't turned much other than table legs and spindles for quilt stands but recently tried out a lidded box. Then another and another ,well you get it! Looking forward to the site and hope to gain a bunch of knowledge and offer up what little I have.
Bill

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
cupcake box

Well here is my latest box. was doing a tool usage photo shoot to show some of the techniques I use with the Hunter tools. I turned the box bottom so I decided I'd do something really different for the top. I bleached some box elder and then airbrushed the color on. It's about 3 1/2" tall.

Attachments

·
Just call me Sir
287 Posts
like it john, what would have been nice was to have made the bottom as an apple, just have this apple box image, will have to do one now i have this image in my mind, get the bandage of me fingerrrrrr i will. LB..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice John! I've admired your work on another board too. This is rather elegant with a lot of whimsy....Bill....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts