Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Am I seeing a Les Paul body with a Fender Strat arm cutaway? Very nice work! I'm working on my first guitar body for a 'Tele. It's a wonderful change from what I have been doing and a lot more fun. :thumbsup:

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,582 Posts
Gary, where ya been? Glad to see you posting here again. That is not "just" another guitar body.....that is another awesome job, well done. I love your guitar bodies and one day, I really want to try and make one. Fantastic work Gary, once again.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Thanks for all the all too kind words.Joshua,Check out Ron Kirn Tutorial,it will show ya a lot of things in how to make Tele's or Strats.His son in law also sells his templates on ebay.Ive sold maybe 300 or so guitar bodies on ebay.A nice way for me to pick up some extra $ to sup;ement my meager retirement check,Gary

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for all the all too kind words.Joshua,Check out Ron Kirn Tutorial,it will show ya a lot of things in how to make Tele's or Strats.His son in law also sells his templates on ebay.Ive sold maybe 300 or so guitar bodies on ebay.A nice way for me to pick up some extra $ to sup;ement my meager retirement check,Gary
Thanks! I'm going to check it out right now! I did a rough sketch of the body shape that I'd like to build. For my first one, it's going to be very similar to a "super strat". I don't want just the standard strat body. I also want to do all the knobs very similar to yours, where they are routed from behind.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ron is great. Very helpful. I asked him some questions in an email and he sent me PDFs on a few of his booklets. Some great information there! I also purchased a Strat template that just arrived. I tested the neck fit with my son's guitar neck and it was perfect! Great people to do business with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts