Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
This Space For Rent
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I roughed this Silver Maple bowl out about a year ago when I didn't really have a clue what I was doing. It was probably one of the first larger blanks I worked with and it definitely wasn't set up correctly to be returned to the lathe but I got 'er done. It's 10" dia and finished with tung oil.

It was also shot in my new homemade light tent with poster board background.

bowl1s.jpg

bowl2s.jpg

bowl3s.jpg

·
Registered
912 Posts
Tim, very nice job on the bowl. I know what ya mean about pulling some things out from when you first started. :laughing: Hopefully a year from now I'm not saying to myself, man what were you doing!

Pictures look great. That is one thing I have got to get done is get a photo tent made!

John

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Good looking bowl. Just a hint on the photography. Add a reflector card in the front to make the front lighter. You may be able to simply push the bowl back further in the booth to achieve more light on the front.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I think it's a very nice bowl. I love working with spalted wood because you never know how it will trun out. That one is great.
Donny

·
4Woodturning
352 Posts
Very cool looking bowl, like the design of the rim, well finished and great pictures to show your work..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts