Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not really, but I am typically on the younger side of this trade. I am 24 and have had numerous experiences through the construction trade and mostly through rough framing residential homes. I have been bitten buy the wood bug, and I have enjoyed it. I am currently trying to get my shop up and running, and hopefully can turn this great hobby, art, craft, trade, and skill into a profitable business. No, I am not trying to become rich, but hopefully enough to support my wife and sometime in the future my kids also. But, that is enough about me.

The one most important person that is responsible for my "bug" bite, would be my grandfather, by far the best man I know, and also my best man in my wedding, Chalmer Morse! Thanks grandpa, and I hope someday I can make you proud!! I Love You! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome, I guess you are on the lower end of the scale being 24, but compared to me, I'm 15, your not on the lower end!

·
johnep
2,006 Posts
The importance of the relationship between father and son has been mentioned several times on this forum and also on a wildwood forum I suscribe to. Lucky is the boy who has a grandfather to give that extra bit of attention. Mine died when I was 8 years old and I would have loved to have the guidance that only a grandfather can provide.

My great uncle survived until I was 24 and I always loved visits.
One thing we are losing in the UK with our high divorce rate (1 in 3) and single parent families. 40% of children born to unmarried mothers.
johnep

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome, I'm new here myself.

Johnep - The relationship between Father & Daughter is important too. :laughing: My Dad taught me so much. From a young age I was encouraged to use a variety of hand tools and was able to watch (from a safe distance) when he was using power tools. I eventually became an electronics engineer like him too. My Dad died about 18 months ago and I am now using his lathe and tools which gives me the inspiration to learn all I can about turning. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Welcome guys. Any quility relationship with your kids or grandkids is one of the greatest things we can give them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thank you for all of the welcomes! I agree that father/grandfather/son/daughter relationships are extremely important and johnep, it is unfortunate about the divorce rates (America is not far behind) and even more unfortunate is the affects of divorce on the younger generation. For me my dad worked alot as a traveling insurance agent, and I was extremely lucky to have the influence of my grandfather, and my mother was also great! Again thanks to all for the warm welcomes.

Steve G. - Good for you! Keep on plugging away and dont let anyone tell you that you cant do anything you want to do.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I guess I can't really add to anything that has already been said, If my dad was not always kicking butt, I would be a mess!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts