Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a AF Symbol coin rack for a Chief I know. It's made from walnut and tiger maple. The shadow box was for a First Sergeant that retired this month after 26 years of service. Also, I finally got around to making my first end grain cutting boards, used Kenbo's finish from his video. Salt and pepper grinders to go with the cutting boards. Could anyone recommend a good finish for the grinders? Nick.

Attachments

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Pretty sweet projects. I've been toying with ideas to make for a good friend who's a Chief as well. So are you Air Force?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm so ashamed...I spent 13 years active duty Army and when I got out I never made a shadow box for a Capitol - flown flag and my ribbons/ awards. I wonder what the statute of limitations is for asking for a flag after one leaves active duty...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gmiller0605, the man in the picture is SMSgt Guerin. He was a SF shirt before he come over to maintenance. I'm not sure what his actual AFSC was though. Igster I would be more than happy to send u a flag with certificate, that's if you don't mind it having been flown on a B52. Also, thanks for all the kind words.

Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts