Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do, y'all... Just wanted to put up some pics of some recent projects...

Pine bandsaw box:

The rest of these are all sweet gum...
Box using finger joints:

Another box w/finger joints:

Spalted sweet gum:

Attachments

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Very nice. I haven't done any BS boxes yet, but I'm hoping to make a couple for Christmas gifts and I don't screw them up to bad.

Mark

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
The first one and the whale are my favorites. :thumbsup:

The others are equally nice, I just like the other two more. :yes:

Don't feel bad about the attachments. I've been on this board for a while and still haven't figured it out. I always upload photos either to an album at the forum or off site and then link to them as I go.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was able to create an album in my profile...I uploaded pics of my hammer dulcimer build process. Enjoy!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lots of research, too. Not bad from scratch, if' n I say so meself LOL It sounds really nice, too - spanning 3 octaves, the higher notes are almost bell - like. Now if I can only make myself practice on it more, I might be able to play a tune on it ;)

·
Maker of sawdust
460 Posts
Band Saw what blade are you using for your work I do re-saw and cut blanks for bowl so the blades that I use are 3 TPI way to big for that kind of work.

Jerry

·
Cabinet Maker
770 Posts
Okay... that whale one is KILLER! :laughing: catch my pun ;) ....ahhh so bad. haha I trust that's a killer whale and not a humpback..

Very impressive work you have here! Keep 'em coming!

Levi

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have an old Craftsman 12 inch bandsaw . Resaw is done with a 1/2 inch blade, and the curves are done with a 1/8 inch fine-tooth or a 1/4 inch coarse tooth, depending on the closeness of the curves. Final chamfering / edge softening is done by hand with a Drexel or sandpaper wrapped around a small dowel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts