Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy(2) 48" cabinet master clamps for $60. I don't know a lot about them. Yay or Nay on this deal?

·
Registered
243 Posts
YAY!!!

I have several and I would jump on a deal like that!!

·
7,222 Posts
I just looked at the 'Borg which sells these for $45 each, so that makes these a good deal.

This style pivots the jaw to slide it along the bar. That means two handed operation. Also if the clamp is vertical with the moveable jaw on the top, it will want to slide down the bar. Great when you are ready, a pain if it happens before you get the clamp in place.

It seems the moveable jaw can be reversed to make this a spreader clamp which can be very useful.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The Jorgy's have deeper jaws, a longer screw, and seems like a heavier bar compared to K bodies (and Revo, thought the Revo Jaw is close to the same depth). My one complaint about them is the handle is a little smooth to get a good grip....but they are top notch clamps, and that's a good price.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up sealing the deal. Walked away with 6 jorgenson cabinet master clamps. (2) 24", (2) 36", and (2) 48". I also got (2) Irwin quick grip minis, (2) 12" quick grips and (3) 24" quick grips for $180.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went and picked them up tonight. The jorgenson's feel like pure quality when you pick one up. I consider what I got a steal. Couldn't be more pleased. I can see a lot more of these in my future

1 - 7 of 7 Posts