Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
I have the Grizzly G0604X jointer which I bought in the Springfield store last summer. I've used it about 5-6 times and I love it. The price he is asking seems fair if it works well, the rail is true at 90 degrees, and the beds are good.

Mark

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you buy your jointer during the tent sale? If so, do they offer a sale on their regular stuff at that time? Thinking about making the trek this June.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
I actually never been able to make it to the tent sale; however, I did buy it out of their "clearance room" they have off of the showroom floo. The unit was completely asse,mbled but had a couple of scrathes on it. The sales rep that I usually deal with (I'm in store at least twice a month) said the shipping box was destroyed so they coulcn't reship it out. This is common and usually warrants about a 15-20% discount on it. When I got it home, I took the time to verify that it was setup correctly, which it was.

If you decide to head this way, let me know. Maybe I can meet you for a cup of coffee.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
General rule of thumb regarding used tools in good condition is 50% of retail. Given that you're already looking at an additional $32 for the guard, I'd offer $200 or less.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually never been able to make it to the tent sale; however, I did buy it out of their "clearance room" they have off of the showroom floo. The unit was completely asse,mbled but had a couple of scrathes on it. The sales rep that I usually deal with (I'm in store at least twice a month) said the shipping box was destroyed so they coulcn't reship it out. This is common and usually warrants about a 15-20% discount on it. When I got it home, I took the time to verify that it was setup correctly, which it was.

If you decide to head this way, let me know. Maybe I can meet you for a cup of coffee.
Is there a way to find out what's in the clearance room? I'd make the drive down 2.5-3hrs to pick a jointer up if it where 15-20% off.

If I head down, I would be pleased to treat you to a cup of coffee.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
rbk123 said:
Is there a way to find out what's in the clearance room? I'd make the drive down 2.5-3hrs to pick a jointer up if it where 15-20% off.

If I head down, I would be pleased to treat you to a cup of coffee.
You can always call to ask but they don't list those items anywhere. I'll be there tomorrow afternoon so I'll check it out for you.

Mark

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Stopped by today they have 4 jointers in clearance area.

BTW, the photos are in sets of three. 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12.

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yow, those are nice but big (my workshop is my garage). I wasn't planning on getting a 3HP jointer so I'll ponder it pretty hard as those sure look nice. Thanks for checking for me (left you a note on your personal profile).

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
rbk123 said:
Yow, those are nice but big (my workshop is my garage). I wasn't planning on getting a 3HP jointer so I'll ponder it pretty hard as those sure look nice. Thanks for checking for me (left you a note on your personal profile).
Sounds good. I know they are big, but the 8" vs 6" is a big difference for not much difference in price.

As far as the "personal profile note", I have no idea what that means or how to see it, at least on my iPad forum ap.

Mark

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Click on your account name/avatar and it will give an option to go to your profile. People can post visitor messages there. You may not be able to see it on your iPad tool, might have to switch to a regular browser.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
That was it. And no problem Roy. I typically stop at Grizzly at least twice a month so I'll keep an eye out. If you PM me your cell # I can text you info as I find it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts