Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been watching the local pennysavers & Craigslist for months for a jointer, always too much money or too far away, or too late. Bingo - 10 miles away, $150.00. Works like a charm....happy camper!

Attachments

·
7,222 Posts
Nice looking old Grizzly. A great deal. :thumbsup:

10 miles is like next door.

Looks like the previous owner took very good care of the machine.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
There's been a couple on CL local to me about like that. Both under $200. If I didn't have a newer 6" I'd have bought at least one of them by now.

·
Really underground garage
2,552 Posts
Very nice.Yup,10 miles "is" next door.Good find,patience pays off again.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
That's an older Grizzly G1182HW, made in Taiwan in the same plant that the Jet, GI, Sunhill, Bridgewood, and others came from. Wood Magazine picked it #1 in a 6" jointer comparison over the Ridgid, Delta 37-190, Delta 37-195, Sunhill, Bridgewood, and Jet back in September 2000 IIRC. I bought mine in 2001 and it's been performing like new ever since. Original price was $297 plus $55 s/h. You got a great deal on a nice jointer that appears to be in really good shape. Enjoy!

shop9-24-12 006.jpg

FWIW, Loma Tools is still selling the former Sunhill CT-150 6" jointer with 56" extended beds for $250 plus ~ $100 s/h...brand new old stock with warranty. For those looking at new 6" floor jointers, it's a great deal on a very well proven tool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts