Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've not paid attention to jigsaws for years because I have one. But it's a cheapie, and a piece of crap compared to what I see now. I was at Rockler the other day and they had Dewalt jigsaw blades for sale in a hugh bin. Hundreds of packages for cheap $2. and all sorts of different shanks for different jigssaw chucks. I did a search on Dewalt jigsaws and found that they had problems with the chuck not working properly and failing to hold the blade. I don't know which chuck they are talking about, but with so many different blades now for sale, it makes it confusing. So what is the history of these chucks? Is the problem fixed? I was looking at the Dewalt that retails for 99 and is on ebay new and used ......cheaper. I do not want to get something that will not work properly.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,047 Posts
I have a dewalt orbital jig saw and It works great. It uses the t style blades.

·
Registered
303 Posts
It's not the chuck. It's the meatheads making blades and powder coating them. I knock the finish off the chucked "T" area with stationary belt sander. No problem.Buy Metabo blades. No problem.
Mines a Milwaukee 6268. Bad MOFO.
I cut a good bit of steel with it too. I may buy another before those scumbags discontinue it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
pmaru77 said:
I've not paid attention to jigsaws for years because I have one. But it's a cheapie, and a piece of crap compared to what I see now. I was at Rockler the other day and they had Dewalt jigsaw blades for sale in a hugh bin. Hundreds of packages for cheap $2. and all sorts of different shanks for different jigssaw chucks. I did a search on Dewalt jigsaws and found that they had problems with the chuck not working properly and failing to hold the blade. I don't know which chuck they are talking about, but with so many different blades now for sale, it makes it confusing. So what is the history of these chucks? Is the problem fixed? I was looking at the Dewalt that retails for 99 and is on ebay new and used ......cheaper. I do not want to get something that will not work properly.
I have a porter cable. It is less expensive than dewalt but has performed extremely well. Might be worth looking at if you're at lowes sometime

1 - 5 of 5 Posts