Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a Tablesaw. I have used a jobsite saw many times, but i am looking for a more stationary saw for my garage for furniture making. As the title explains, i am trying to decide between the Jet ProShop or the Ridgid TS-3650, This is a comparison between a contractors saw and a hyrid, is one more capable then the other? What would you choose and why? is there a better saw out there in a similar price range? any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Both are capable of serving you well. The end performance really boils down to blade and setup. The hybrid design has the advantages associated with placing the motor inside the cabinet....smaller footprint, better DC, shorter drive belt (more efficient), and more mass. In this case, the Jet has the better fence too IMO...an updated steel Biese type. The Ridgid has a wider stock rip capacity, but you can slide the rails on the Jet to the right for more if you need it.

It they're similar money, the Jet's a step up in class of saw. If there's much of a price difference, then you'll have to decide if the advantages are worth it.

Link to hybrid discussion

Also, I saw a survey on another forum a few weeks ago asking the same question on the exact two saws, and was surprised to see close to 80% in favor of the ProShop saw. (from ~ 50 voters)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts