Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some photos of Jet powered LTN 7000 Ford Louisville truck called
"waltzing Matilda" powered by ex RAAF rolls royce avon Mk1 jet engine
from a canberra jet bomber, It was the first truck to ever exceed 200 mph that was in 1979.that world record remained unbroken until 1982.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jet powered Louisville truck

The model Waltzing Matilda is 14 inches long and made from tasmanian timbers Huon pine, blackwood and myrtle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I know I use the word "INCREDIBLE" a lot in your threads but I can't think of a better word for your work. That console and the windshield wiper are just...well..."INCREDIBLE".

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
No superlatives left to describe your work :eek:

Would be fun to ride that machine in 200 mph.

How long have you been building models and how many have you made?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
waltzing matilda

No superlatives left to describe your work :eek:

Would be fun to ride that machine in 200 mph.

How long have you been building models and how many have you made?
I am glad you like it , I have been making models for about 6 years I
have lost count how many.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi diamondt,

That is great picture Waltzing Matilda. I was only talking to friend the other day about what happen to that truck. Recar trucks at Archerfield in Brisbane where it was built my mate used work on it. I also went to Gympie to watch it run the engine was that stronge sucked in papers and a lot of other rubbish around the show grounds it was great to watch a wonderful truck. That copy you did Waltzing Matilda it incredible job you have one on it. I would to know where is now. Again excellent job on your. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers Graham.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
I meant to ask you: how long do you think it took you to build this piece? Weeks? Months?

I imagine it would take ME a year or more to make one that's not even close to the quality of yours.

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
Words can't even describe the detail and realism your vehicles are. You gotta do a build thread. Almost hard to believe this is even possible.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Did I read that you have SOLD some of these? I'm sure price would vary by model, but would I be rude, in asking what would I expect to pay for one of your builds?

I would love to own such a piece.

Thanks for hearing me out,

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
waltzing Matilda

Hi diamondt,

That is great picture Waltzing Matilda. I was only talking to friend the other day about what happen to that truck. Recar trucks at Archerfield in Brisbane where it was built my mate used work on it. I also went to Gympie to watch it run the engine was that stronge sucked in papers and a lot of other rubbish around the show grounds it was great to watch a wonderful truck. That copy you did Waltzing Matilda it incredible job you have one on it. I would to know where is now. Again excellent job on your. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers Graham.
Ray Kernaghan ended up with it & travelled around Oz with it at country shows etc and in the end she ended up here in Tassie a bloke
named Ewan Stephans a bee keeper here at Mole Creek owns her &
he only has the cab & chassis and uses it to cart his bee boxes & honey with it & has the avon jet motor in a shed he is trying to find the rest of the body work and restore it. here is a photo of waltzing Matilda at a truck show in Tassie.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did I read that you have SOLD some of these? I'm sure price would vary by model, but would I be rude, in asking what would I expect to pay for one of your builds?

I would love to own such a piece.

Thanks for hearing me out,

Dale in Indy
I sold some through craft shops but by the time they take out there commission it wasnt worth it I keep some and give some to mates & to
family members.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You sir have a gift! That is amazing work! Thanks for sharing, one can stare at each of the pictures for quite a while taking in the detail!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts