Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this up from a gentleman for 100.00. He said it worked great other then the blades being dull. Looks pretty clean. Runs smooth and quiet.
Looking for opinions on whether I got a good deal or not.
Thanks for looking.

ForumRunner_20131102_104338.jpg

ForumRunner_20131102_104355.jpg

ForumRunner_20131102_104406.jpg

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
You scored a great deal! Easy to find replacement blades. You might want to flip it over before using it though. It's easier to use when right side up. :laughing:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the upside down pics. Not sure what happened. They look fine on my phone.
I've been looking for a owners manual and have had no luck. Everything I find is for a newer model. Anyone know where to find a manual for this model?

·
Sawdust Wrangler
482 Posts
Sorry about the upside down pics. Not sure what happened. They look fine on my phone.
I've been looking for a owners manual and have had no luck. Everything I find is for a newer model. Anyone know where to find a manual for this model?
what's the year and/or serial number BTW, kinda late in the game to ask if you got a good deal or not, should have asked before you bought it!

Paul

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is not to late to ask if u got a good deal or not. Either way I feel like I did good. Just looking for others opinion. Not sure in a date or serial number. Cannot find either one. The spot for the serial number is blank.

·
Sawdust Wrangler
482 Posts
I'm not familiar with that color on a jet machine. I am, by no means, an expert on them but I have only seen the blueish/green color on the older machines. I did a search and was not able to turn up anything that looked like that machine in the older series.

Here's one like yours http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/277230

I've looked for a historical timeline for jet but cannot find one. Not much help...

Paul

·
Registered
230 Posts
How do the adjustments compare to the more current models? I have an older Jet jointer (not as old as yours, I think) but the manual hasn't really changed in probably 20 years.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do the adjustments compare to the more current models? I have an older Jet jointer (not as old as yours, I think) but the manual hasn't really changed in probably 20 years.

Just a thought...
Part of my reason for finding a manual is so I have part numbers and specs for the machine. I'm not even sure how old it is or if parts are available.
I have a friend of a friend coming over next weekend to help me sit it up. I'm pretty sure things got a little out of wack when I transported it home. We had to lay it on its side in the back of a pickup.
It would just be nice to find anything obout it online. Other then the link posted above I haven't seen another like this anywhere I look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts