Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
My experience is with Laguna, and from what I heard they offer a good bit of quality for less than the cost of a Powermatic. I had a small jet band saw and was not happy with how several parts seemed flimsy feeling. Most of it was cosmetic stuff, end caps popping off in my hands and such. I spent $1,200 for my Laguna 14 | 12 and with a 1 3/4 hp motor its well worth it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I just looked at this saw at rockler. What are the cons?
Very few so far. The blade is 115", which seems to be a bit odd meaning I cant just drive to a store and pick one up. Other than convinience the guides have given me some trouble. They`re ceramic and while fully adjustable they're missing the micro adjust I was expecting. Except for those slight issues I`ve loved it. It cuts perfectly straight with no drift and has a tall fence perfect for resawing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.