Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
A ton of guys love grizzly tools.....but grizzly is the Chevy....and powermatic is the Mercedes of tools. Now millions of guys get solid work done with Chevys, but would you turn down a new Mercedes??

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
If you go look at powermatic tools....compare the specs, look at the build quality....you can't honestly say they're on the same level as grizzly.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
retfr8flyr said:
I think PM is a step above the Grizzly products but I don't think it's worth that much extra. If you compare the Jet and PM offerings you will see that they are almost identical, just more money for the PM. In the old days PM was the Mercedes but in today's market, I think they are trading on their past glory.
Based on what....give us a few examples

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Did you compare casting thicknesses? Bearing sizes? Machining tolerances? Paint and finish quality?

There's more to a machine than just physical size dimensions when comparing quality.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
That's right. On a mobile base they move ok. Keep in mind for shipping, the fence and rails are off as are the wings. There's 200 lbs already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.