Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Jet air filtration system that has quit working on high speed. The low and medium speeds still work fine but when I try high speed the motor drops down to a speed comparable to low or even lower.
Any ideas on what is wrong and how to fix it?
Thanks.
Randy

· where's my table saw?
32,666 Posts
When I had a "no start" with the remote condition, I called Jet CS, and found a very helpful person who explained there was an interference with the florescent lights nearby. I installed a shingle flashing above the sensor and that fixed it. Call them and see what they say.

· Premium Member
4,800 Posts
I would say it’s most likely the circuit board. Unfortunately the only way will be buy one (app $100) and try it unless you have advanced knowledge to test the board.

I picked one up for cheap, someone had rigged the wiring b/c the board went bad. I replaced the board and it works fine now.

Even tho I only use high speed I could have bypassed it but don’t have the electronic expertise.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Randy - welcome to the forum!
I would say it’s most likely the circuit board. Unfortunately the only way will be buy one (app $100) and try it unless you have advanced knowledge to test the board.

I picked one up for cheap, someone had rigged the wiring b/c the board went bad. I replaced the board and it works fine now.

Even tho I only use high speed I could have bypassed it but don’t have the electronic expertise.
Thanks Robert. I don't have electronic experience either. Was hoping to find someone who may have had the problem and was able to assist. Appreciate the response.

· mike44
retired carpenter and farmer
560 Posts
I have a Jet air filtration system that has quit working on high speed. The low and medium speeds still work fine but when I try high speed the motor drops down to a speed comparable to low or even lower.
Thanks.
Randy
My system quit working altogether, with or without the remote. As Dr.Robert said a new circuit board cost $100.00 .
This was 10+ years ago. I bypassed the circuit board and wired the motor to a switched receptacle. The system works on high only. I usually only ran it on high anyhow. I bought an inexpensive remote control that worked up to 3 machines with a receptacle for each machine. I have the Jet air cleaner, dust collector for the saw and dust collector with a manifold for a bandsaw, 12" disk sander and jointer.. I believe this wireless remote has a 100'-0" range.
Bought it at Lowes, Paid about $20.00 I think. Bought another set for Christmas decorations. The remote is for indoor use but the outside receptacle is under a porch so I used it there.
mike

· Registered
mechanical engineering
602 Posts
in the manual it states it a six speed unit. does the five other speeds work? or seem to be changing.

Fan Speed Setting
CFM
1 450 ±10%
2 560 ±10%
3 670 ±10%
4 780 ±10%
5 890 ±10%
6 1000 ±10%

does it really change speed? this is manual mode only.
auto same speeds but move up down based on the dust sensor. and some other

that control board can cause a lot of different problems

· where's my table saw?
32,666 Posts
Thanks.
Randy
I have two AFS 1000 with 3 speeds also, with the remotes. They are mounted way high up and hung from chains, so the remotes were the way to go. They are probaby 10 to 15 years old and work just fine.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My system quit working altogether, with or without the remote. As Dr.Robert said a new circuit board cost $100.00 .
This was 10+ years ago. I bypassed the circuit board and wired the motor to a switched receptacle. The system works on high only. I usually only ran it on high anyhow. I bought an inexpensive remote control that worked up to 3 machines with a receptacle for each machine. I have the Jet air cleaner, dust collector for the saw and dust collector with a manifold for a bandsaw, 12" disk sander and jointer.. I believe this wireless remote has a 100'-0" range.
Bought it at Lowes, Paid about $20.00 I think. Bought another set for Christmas decorations. The remote is for indoor use but the outside receptacle is under a porch so I used it there.
mike
Thanks for the input Mike. I have mine ceiling mounted with chains now and I use the remote but can also reach the manual switches easy enough on a stool. I may consider direct wiring the motor over replacing the circuit board if that is the issue.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
in the manual it states it a six speed unit. does the five other speeds work? or seem to be changing.

Fan Speed Setting
CFM
1 450 ±10%
2 560 ±10%
3 670 ±10%
4 780 ±10%
5 890 ±10%
6 1000 ±10%

does it really change speed? this is manual mode only.
auto same speeds but move up down based on the dust sensor. and some other

that control board can cause a lot of different problems
The unit is three speed. It has high/medium/low settings. It is only working on the low and medium settings currently. Doesn't matter whether I use the remote or manual switches. High speed is not working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts