Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently completed a restoration on a new-to-me Jet planer, it was trapped in a garage with rain pouring down on it and completely seized with rust. Overall, took about 15 hours to refinished and during the project I had to remove the lower black and red bar stickers. Trying to find replacements online to no luck, has anyone had any luck locating replacement vinyl stickers for Jet products? (carefully adding black and red electrical tape has crossed my mind if no other option)

Edit: Changed the title from a Planer to Jointer...that's what I get for making a post at 11pm
Jersey Sleeve Sportswear Cap Gas

Wood Rectangle Gas Font Machine

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey.. nice job!

I actually just thought about the black and red electrical tape...

I just did a similar restore but from a much better condition. I still need to align the tables though and need to learn how. Any resources?

·
where's my table saw?
29,637 Posts
Try here:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Nice restoration job!

Most people call them "jointers" today. The "planer" term for that tool is not commonly used, although I sometimes see "jointer/planer". These days, a "planer" is a different tool that flattens the top of a board.

I just restored a small Craftsman jointer. It was similar to yours - left out in the rain for 20 years. It had a lot of rust and some broken parts that I had to make myself. You can see the whole sad story in this thread:
https://www.woodworkingtalk.com/thr...tsman-351-217880-now-wen-6560t-jt6561.226576/

·
where's my table saw?
29,637 Posts
For the red and black stripes on the base use this automotive striping tape which comes in many colors:

Hey.. nice job!
I actually just thought about the black and red electrical tape...
I just did a similar restore but from a much better condition. I still need to align the tables though and need to learn how. Any resources?
The issue with electrical tape is that it is too "stretchy" and will unwrap itself eventually.

·
Administrator
David
5,717 Posts
Nice job! I did the restoration on my PM66 tablesaw that I loaned to a 'friend'. Turned out he didn't really care about my saw and left it in a building that had a hole in the roof. I had a local sign company make a roll of tape for me and it worked perfectly. Go to post #58 on page 3 of the restoration thread to see detail on the tape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts