Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this year I posted a thread about winning a drawing at Hingmy.com, a website focused on tool reviews. I'd won a Black and Decker, Dremel-like rotary tool. It's actually a pretty decent tool too. And the one I received was brand new, still sealed in the box (as opposed to being the unit they tested for the review). I was very thankful have won.

Two months later, WWT member trc65 won a reciprocating saw from the site.

Well, late last week I received another email from the website's owner informing me that I've won again! This time I'm being sent a DeWalt DCK210S2 Combo Kit!

I'm beside myself. The set includes a cordless drill, an impact driver, 2 batteries, a charger and carrying bag. Timely enough, I've been needing to buy an impact driver. And another drill is always very welcome and will definitely come in handy.

http://www.hingmy.com/site/content.php?p=4306

A second HUGE thank you goes out to Hingmy.com. And thank you to the owner (I assume) of the site, Lorenz Prem.

Check out their contests page: http://www.hingmy.com/site/contests.php

You'll see my name listed as winner for July and November. And member trc65 is the winner for August. I've been very blessed lately.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I thought I recognized that name, I played in the same rec hockey league as Lorenz. Small world.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
268 Posts
Congrats!
I joined that site after your 1st winning post and won the Bosch 1297D sander.
I never got around to posting about it but, I must thank you for directing me to that site and, a big thank you to Lorenz for what I think is the best reviewing site on the web.
http://hingmy.com/ is a great commodity IMHO.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats!
I joined that site after your 1st winning post and won the Bosch 1297D sander.
I never got around to posting about it but, I must thank you for directing me to that site and, a big thank you to Lorenz for what I think is the best reviewing site on the web.
http://hingmy.com/ is a great commodity IMHO.
Sure enough, there you are listed as a winner. :thumbsup: It's interesting that at least 4 of the winners are from this site (me, twice, then two others who went there after I drew attention to the site). And I see (thanks to trc65 bringing it to my attention) at least one other person who's won twice. It's likely that they don't have as large of an audience as they should have.

Hopefully more people who see this thread will go check out their site. They may even be the next winner! Their odds are looking pretty good ;)

·
Registered
909 Posts
It looks like they only have 139 registered users, pretty good odds since I doubt all of those are active. I may have to join and lower your odds of winning ;)

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
No....you don't want to do that....registered user 140 gets a computer virus....better not risk it.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It looks like they only have 139 registered users, pretty good odds since I doubt all of those are active. I may have to join and lower your odds of winning ;)
Yeah I knew I should have keep this secret to myself. All you guys are ruining my odds of winning a third time! ;) Nah, I'm glad I was able to help out in some way. I greatly appreciate the winnings and I feel I owe it to Hingmy to help spread the word. I should probably post some more tool reviews on there. I think I've posted two so far.

Heck, I almost feel bad about winning twice. But I'm sure that nice DeWalt combo set will somehow manage to turn my frown upside down.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just signed up after reading all this. I could really really use this new Bosch kit this month. Fingera crossed.
I own one of the Bosch cordless drivers and, man, that's one great tool.

Here's the one I have:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did not realize I was feeding you all power tools once a month. It's all good, because the tools clearly go to people who will use and enjoy them.

The odds each month are still very good. Turns out it is actually hard to give stuff away on the internet. Everyone seems to be weary of scams.
Only a handful of people signed up for the first couple of contests I did.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hingmy rules!

I did not realize I was feeding you all power tools once a month. It's all good, because the tools clearly go to people who will use and enjoy them.

The odds each month are still very good. Turns out it is actually hard to give stuff away on the internet. Everyone seems to be weary of scams.
Only a handful of people signed up for the first couple of contests I did.
Lorenz, thank you so much for the great gifts! As you see, I'm trying to help spread the word about your site. Your site has certainly been good to me. I'll be sending you another thank you email, in case you don't check back in here. I know it may be hard to tell sometimes if your generosity is fully appreciated by others. So I want to make sure you know that I am very thankful and appreciative for what I've received from you and your website.

I received my package yesterday. I LOVE the DeWalt set. It will definitely be put to good use in my shop. So it went to some one who appreciates and will use it. I actually have been needing a hammer drill. So this came at a great time. And I've been wanting another cordless electric drill. It makes it much easier - mid-project - to not have to keep changing bits and drivers so often.

DSCN5083.jpg

The grips on these tools is perfect! Not too big; not too small. Very comfortable.

DSCN5085.jpg

DSCN5086.jpg

DSCN5087.jpg

DSCN5088.jpg

Thanks again, Lorenz and Hingmy.com. I really hope more people read this thread and go check you out. We need to show support to companies who go out of their way to help guys like us. Tool reviews can be a valuable resource to those who are shopping around for tools to fill their needs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts