Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,
I have joined your forum hoping to find an answer to a problem I have been trying to solve for some time.
How can I finish an internal fillet using a power tool in the corner where three surfaces meet?
The material to remove is a very soft epoxy filler and though it sands easily this is the only area that is hard to do by hand and is never as good as a power tool finish. The desired fillet is about 25mm/1" though I can change the size slightly to suit the available bit.
Part of the problem is finding a suitable guide for a router or Dremmel tool to handle the turn.
Any ideas??
Snow

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't have a power tool suggestion but this reminds me of a problem I ran into building a fiberglassed cedar canoe. In the bow and stern of the canoe along the stems at the bottom of the boat epoxy wants to pool. Its hard to clean up when you're glassing. A triangular scraper ground to something near the profile is the best I could come up with for this problem. In general I like using scrapers with epoxy surfaces prior to sanding to get rid of runs and drips and general surface imperfections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts