Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using a free Sketchup Ver 8.0.15158 on my desktop computer and I just downloaded Sketchup Make for my new laptop. The problem is that I can’t use the same files on both computers and I’m not sure I like Sketchup Make because of the constant bugging to update to Pro.

I’m not proficient enough to know what the differences are and don’t know if I’ll be missing anything.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, in Sketchup 2013, you can save the file to be backwards compatible to any version of Sketchup. Just select the appropriate version form the drop down menu in the save dialog box.
Oh wow! Thank you very much. I just checked it out and it worked.:thumbsup:
I thought I had tried that and there were no options, but now there is so I don’t know what I was trying to do. :laughing:

·
Sawdust Wrangler
482 Posts
I'm using a free Sketchup Ver 8.0.15158 on my desktop computer and I just downloaded Sketchup Make for my new laptop. The problem is that I can’t use the same files on both computers and I’m not sure I like Sketchup Make because of the constant bugging to update to Pro.

I’m not proficient enough to know what the differences are and don’t know if I’ll be missing anything.
One thing that's missing in the free version of 8.0 and beyond is DXF import. You can still get version 7.1 and have DXF import but you cannot have a newer version installed prior to putting 7.1 on, as far as I can tell.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.