I tried a few things this morning, pretty much what was outlined by calabrese55. The extensions as received were really out of flat with the planer - particularly the outfeed. With a 4' level and some weight to hold it down on the planer bed, I adjusted both infeed and outfeed to be level/flat with the planer. This improved the snipe dramatically, probably to the point sanding would take care of it, although I didn't try that for this test. Next I used a sacrificial piece on the front end. This "completely" eliminated snipe on the leading edge and slight snipe on trailing end. I can live with this, especially since I get the feeling that it can't be eliminated 100%..although as I start to use it more, I'll always look for ways to improve. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.