Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Woodworkers:
I am a 66 yr. old homebuilder working out of Summit, New Jersey, currently trying to live through this mess of an economy we're experiencing. My interest in woodworking started yeas back when I used to sit on the basement steps in my Dad's house and watch him do cabinets for builder customers of his. His work was done mostly in clear pine, Idaho or Sugar Pine (nice aroma in the shop).
Since then, I have built many houses. I think I'm up to around sixty or so. I do a lot of the special millwork for these homes, some of which has been quite challenging. Perhaps the most difficult has been the curved windows and sidelights with curved muntin bars. I still have nine and a half fingers too. I also enjoy building the front entrances, including the doors (2 1/4" thick, all). And I've done lots of libraries with paneling and bookcase work in various hardwoods. But I go on too long. I posted some pictures of recent front entrance doors and surrounds. The latest was a two panel walnut door, the panels being bookmatched walnut burl veneer. Take a look.

Dixon Peer, Summit, NJ

Visit our website: http://peercon.com

·
Registered
108 Posts
Very nice homes! If I could afford you, I would put you to work!

Daddy was an influence on me too, he's a retired drafting instructor. When I was growing up he would put me on his drafting table and let me watch him draw for hours if I was quiet. So now, unless I'm laying on a drafting board I won't shut up! :laughing: Heather

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Dixon,
Welcome to the forum. I've built a couple dozen houses also. I enjoyed it and hope this economy turns around before I decide not to build anymore. I have five lots sitting right now awaiting.
Mike Hawkins;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts