1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
master sawdust maker
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
They dont look like bronze, unless its just the pics. Would steel gain that patina it were oiled & heated, but not hot enough to blue it?

·
master sawdust maker
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont know, i just seen them and thought they were interesting. If they were bronze, It would be worth buying them for the novelty i suppose. And I posted them here to "spark" a conversation! lol

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Wema826 said:
I dont know, i just seen them and thought they were interesting. If they were bronze, It would be worth buying them for the novelty i suppose. And I posted them here to "spark" a conversation! lol
That was very punny, indeed. Lol

·
master sawdust maker
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw those same chisels a couple days ago and had to go over to the PC for a closer look. My beat guess is the seller is either clueless or has very poor communication skills. :smile:

Where's the demilune thread?
Funny you should ask, I have attempted to upload some pics to my album(s) and I am getting the missing security token message. I am about to try to upload to a thread and see if it will work that way.

·
master sawdust maker
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Technically yes. Due to that is what the title says. However. The title was supposed to say matched....

·
master sawdust maker
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know! Just bust'n ya chops, brotha!

Trust me, I've made my share of typos on thread tittles :laughing:
Hmmm tittles:eek:....... now that would be an interesting thread TITLE!:lol:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ok the bidding is over so now I`ll make a comment weather it is relevant or not I will leave that for every one else to judge.this is how I think when I go on e-bay.

The sale as awoke my interest so I look at the guy first 5,500 sales and 100% positive feed back that tell,s me the guy is honest,so he say;s it is bronze or gun mettle, so do you Know the difference between the two mettles,I don`t so this is the way I look at it.

I take what I know to find out what I don`t know.T hats the way I was taught to do every thing,first what I`m I looking at? Well these are long series paten makers paring chisels I can see that just by looking at them. So why are they in Bronze or gun mettle is it to stop them making sparks I doubt it paring chisel are not even hit hard so how are they going to maker sparks?

Well I`v seen many planes and old women's teeth in Bronze cast by paten makers that cast their own tools just because it was so easy to do so.

These are not bevel edge but square edge chisels so at a wag I would say they are cast in the 50`s will they take and hold an edge I don't know, ships propellers are cast in manganese bronze and who can work out how much mettle a prop will take ? I think these are Apprentice pieces and as such I would have no interest in making a bid. Billy.

·
master sawdust maker
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^ ?

Ok, I am officially lost for words.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts