Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Trees to Art
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find a source for a zero clearance insert for a Walker-Turner bandsaw. Anyone know where I could get one?
I am showing the Magfence because I just got it and I love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
I can't find a source for a zero clearance insert for a Walker-Turner bandsaw. Anyone know where I could get one?
I am showing the Magfence because I just got it and I love it.
What model is it? Year? Walker-Turner made bandsaws in the early 1920's. A lot of Rockwell bandsaws are actually Walker-Turner bandsaws.

Any which way, you might be better off making your own

·
Registered
387 Posts
I forgot to say it measures 2" diameter. 16" model.
I don't know how to make one.
Just cut a circle that's 2 inches round and 3/32 thick. You can use whatever material you want, wood, metal, high density plastic etc. Go to Home Depot and grab some melamine or if you have a Rockler or Woodcraft nearby grab some HDP

If you're worried about the insert having a lip to hold it down, I've been using a home made insert for 3 years now with no lip. Works great. Easier to get out too!

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
7,222 Posts
don't do it dave! Don't send him to woodturnerscatalog! He is sure to end up spending hundreds of dollars on stuff!
I know what you mean. Takes a lot of control when I visit Craft Supply, Packard Woodworks, Lee Valley etc. Must be the force. :laughing:

·
Registered
387 Posts
I know what you mean. Takes a lot of control when I visit Craft Supply, Packard Woodworks, Lee Valley etc. Must be the force. :laughing:
Ughh I feel ya. Everytime I need to buy something there I think "I should buy more to justify shipping/wait" then I end up spending $100 when I only needed some sandpaper.

·
Trees to Art
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to both for the advice. It only cost me $3.30 for the nylon blank. ($7.00 postage)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts