Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have experience ordering from inline industries? in-lineindustries.com

I recently purchased a pulley/link belt upgrade for my saw - about 2 weeks ago.

I immediately received a confirmation that the order was received, and I saw the charge go thru a day or two after. However, I haven't received any shipping info or process updates.

I used their contact form to get an update, however heard nothing back on that. They list a contact number on their page, but calling it produces a message as though the bill hasn't been paid. EDIT: I just rechecked their site, and a local number is listed now rather than a toll free number, and I did receive a voicemail greeting. That's good!

I don't know anything about their reputation or typical turnaround times. I am going to continue sitting tight. Maybe this isn't abnormal, but with doing a lot of online shopping, I don't know that I've ever experienced slower order fulfillment or worse order status communication. 2 weeks out I would hope to have received shipping info.

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
I've never heard of them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably nothing wrong here other than slow shipment and not responding to requests via their contact form. I was originally concerned when their contact number was out of service after I had already paid, but now that a good number is available I don't think I have anything to worry about.

I am going to call them tomorrow anyway to see what's up, and I will post back if they can give me any indication of if they usually just take some time to ship or if this is a rare occurrence. Every business doesn't have to ship as fast as amazon, and I like supporting small business... When I posted this however, I was becoming concerned that my money fell into a black hole.

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
This may be the small business that you are dealing with. I don't know but it is possible.

I attended a seminar for starting a website. Well let me rephrase that, it was a sales presentation for web site hosting. They offered tools to build your website.

Their concept was that you build a web site, get catalog pictures and pricing from suppliers, make arrangements with suppliers to drop ship for you and you handle the sales/billing of your customer. Oh, warranty and returns are your problem too but that wasn't discussed.

Hypothetically, I could go into the office supply business. Then use the Staples catalog and add 10%, plus shipping to their prices. UPS delivers the goods and after processing the credit card I'm 5% ahead.

While there is nothing illegal about this type of business, in my feeble mind it is less than ethical. And I was looking to set up a web site to sell custom furniture. While the web hosting services were of interest, their suggested business model was not. To put it bluntly I was turned off by the whole process.

The really scary part of this seminar was of the 50 people in the room, about 40 people signed up for the web hosting service. ($25 ? a month) Of the 40 people, 25 were blinded by the dollar signs in their eyes. They were all the next web millionaires. Don't believe me, just ask them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The majority of the hosting industry preys on a consumer base who doesn't understand what they need or what they are paying for. It can be a profitable business to be in, though competition amongst the sharks is tough. I think with time, more transparency will develop, and consumers will have better general awareness to weed out some of the riff-raff in the industry. I know a little about the hosting market, good people there, just not all of them. :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
They are a small company and probably don't have a lot of employees but their products are great so stick with them!

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
This is a very small mom and pop shop. Jerry Coles also does the Woodworking Show circuit, so he may be out of town for a few days at a time. He's reputable, and will eventually take care of you.

·
TheShadeTreeWW
98 Posts
I have ordered from them a couple of times and they were VERY slow both times. Like a month it seems like. I also was not able to get a reply from them. Other than that I got what I paid for. Just hang in there.
Smokey

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have ordered from them a couple of times and they were VERY slow both times. Like a month it seems like. I also was not able to get a reply from them. Other than that I got what I paid for. Just hang in there.
Smokey
They are a fairly small operation. If you call them they will generally respond (once I got a call back almost a week after I had called them).

If they make a mistake on an order or if you have an issue they will work it out, I had some challenges with one of my orders and they went above and beyond to resolve it to my satisfaction (one order was short a part and I got it within 48 hours of letting them know it was not there).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the reassurance. Still nothing here, so I think I will call on Monday just to make sure something didn't get lost. It has been about a month now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Left Jerry a voicemail, and heard back a day or two later. There was a problem with my order and it never printed out. He's sending my stuff priority so it should be here Monday. He also said he put an extra "little something" in the box for my trouble. Curious to see what that is, and like you guys said, nothing to worry about as he would take care of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered pulleys and link belt a couple of weeks ago because I heard so many great things about how they improve the performance of table saws. Then I read some of the comments about shipping times. I got a little worried. To my great surprise, I ordered on Saturday, received everything on the following Thursday. I would order from them again in a minute!

Sent from my iPad using Wood Forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts