Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make some blind dovetail joints on a drawer (which I've done successfully in the past) but the drawer I'm trying to make is taller and I cannot make the cuts all the way as I run out of room on my table. Can I make 1/2 the cuts then reverse the board and make the other 1/2 of the cuts? I'm afraid I won't keep them in perfect alignment if I just flip the wood around. Any advise on this?

·
Schramm
122 Posts
I want to make some blind dovetail joints on a drawer (which I've done successfully in the past) but the drawer I'm trying to make is taller and I cannot make the cuts all the way as I run out of room on my table. Can I make 1/2 the cuts then reverse the board and make the other 1/2 of the cuts? I'm afraid I won't keep them in perfect alignment if I just flip the wood around. Any advise on this?
I have a LS25 and making 1/2 blinds you start at center to set the guage, with that said yes you can flip for the tails but how will you do the pins? You cannot just flip it. How large of a table do you have? I can do about a 24" drawer if I wanted to but who needs one that big?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot about the pins

I may have to do a regular dovetail joint so reversisng the pins is not an issue and put a false front on the drawer.

Or, could I do 1/2 the pins from the other side of the router table with the guide on the left?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts