Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the hunt for a 8" miter saw to replace my aging fleet of Delta 8" 1/4 . The reason i like the delta ones is because they having a great stop feature and are lightweight. Sadly, these have gone out of productions for a few years now. The only ones today i can find have slide action which i don't need and are way to bulky. I've tried the WEN ones from china but they are utterly cheap and have no electric stop feature. I really appreciate your insight guys! :smile:

Delta 8" 1/4

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Searching for 10" or 12" will increase your options, and will give you much better blade selection. IMO, the blade is easily as important as the saw, if not more so. Most will be from Taiwan or China these days.

·
where's my table saw?
27,868 Posts

·
Really underground garage
2,552 Posts
Knotscott touches on an extremely important issue.We call it the "ammo".

Dosen't matter what the tool/equip.You have to look past the equip. selling price and look at price/availability of the "consumables"(ammo).

We have a big 14/16" table saw.I routinely take 10" blades and machine out the arbor hole to fit the huge spindle on big saw.Partly because I'm cheap....but it really has more to do with the fact that theres a TREMENDOUS difference in what's avail WRT,10 vs 14 in blade world.The same can be said for your 8 vs 10 mitre blade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts