That reminds me of a story I was told a couple decades ago when I was a plumbers apprentice (Local Union 65). Now I know from experience on the job a lot of stories are tall tales. And if a story started "This is no BS"...it is for sure BS. :whistling2: But this story was told to me as fact:
There was an electricians apprentice on the start of a new construction job, very green kid. I know my apprenticeship was work and trade school where we learned not only how to do the work in school, but other things too. Like use and care of tools, rigging etc. and of course job safety.
The other main character in the story was a laborer working as a hod carrier for the brick masons. This hod carrier had a worn out pair of boots with a hole in the toe. Walking back and forth fetching for the brickies he kept getting rocks in his boot. So he stops and leans up against the temporary power panel to shake the rocks out.
The electricians apprentice comes around the corner and sees this guy from the back. He has his hand on this open/messy panel and is violently shaking his leg (to get the rocks out of his boot)...Well the electrician remembers what he had just learned in trade school safety class. He though for sure the guy was hung up in the panel, getting electrocuted. Sooo he grabs a 2x4 laying right there and runs over to "save'' the guy. He hits him in the arm to free him from the serious injury of his apparent electrocution...he broke his elbow. :icon_eek:
A forum community dedicated to professional woodworkers and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about shop safety, wood, carpentry, lumber, finishing, tools, machinery, woodworking related topics, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!