Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm 52 and I'm a hobbyist woodworker at most wanting to become a true craftsman. I have a small humble shop that I've enjoyed seasonally over the years - I have had many years to do it right, but didn't :) and now it's time to turn up the heat and start acting like a craftsman.

I'm hoping that I can learn here as well as add some of my life's experiences from one small shop.

I will add some pictures of my shop shortly so all you can wonder how I get anything done at all :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome!
Pull up a chair.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
From NH - welcome! I'm on a 35 year woodworking journey, mostly self taught. I was a weekend woodworker for most of the years but retired 4 years ago. Since then, I've graduated from hobbyist to a craftsman (I'm living in my world and that's what I call myself). But there are some helpful pros here... so jump in!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome, looking forward to the pictures
Here are a couple of images of my first and only attempt of a oak stair case. It's a long story and not enough planning went into this so IF i would do it over I would have planned the post to go up to the top of the rail :( but for the most part, it was a great lesson on all aspects of labor and cost to do such a staircase.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts