Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help (again.) I am looking for some 1-3/4" x 7" glass vials to insert into the top opening of some segmented vase turnings. They don't have to be exact size, I'll alter the opening size to fit whatever size I can find. I just need to find a vendor for these things and am not having any luck.

Thanks,

Bandman

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I've run across things like that several times--at Hobby Lobby, and even at a Walmart in the crafts section.
Dave H

Reactions: bandman

·
Registered
72 Posts
i'm looking for

I have had good luck at finding these at Goodwill or Salvation Army store. I make coffee mugs and I have found a lot of stainless steel mugs that I can get the insert out of here also for 50 cents or $ 1.

·
7,222 Posts
Dave,

Would it create a problem to have the bottom larger than the top? ie. a gap between the wood and the vase that water can rest?
I am not worried about the gap at the top, it is small. I have mailed one of these and put sponge type drawer liner on the bottom and wrapped a rubber band around the top. I then put the insert in the wooden vase. Survived the trip to the UK without problem.

The surprise was the bottom being a little wider than the top. I was expecting the other way round.

We put water and flowers in the glass insert, then lower the glass insert into the wooden vase.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm looking for

Thanks to all who responded. I found and have ordered exactly what I was looking for from Craft Supplies USA, very good prices too. Had no luck locally but the Craft Supplies USA looks like a good place to get some other items also. So much help on this forum.

Bandman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts