Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been one of those projects that just sits around until your wife nags at you to complete, so you can start on something else. Lol Here's my sign made as a tribute to my neighbor who has been on our board for around 25 years of service to this park/beach. I'm glad it's done. Thanks for looking. Nature reserve Natural landscape State park National park Tree
Font National park Bridge Adaptation Architecture
The wife did the burning of Est. 2013

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Great job Dominick and Mrs., and thanks for the update.

It was well worth the wait.

Reactions: Dominick

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks cab man.
I don't know about professional, but I'll take the compliment considering you didn't really like it in the beginning stages.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
Thanks cab man.
I don't know about professional, but I'll take the compliment considering you didn't really like it in the beginning stages.
Does that mean I'm not going to be invited over for Thanksgiving dinner?:laughing: Really though, like you said in your other thread about everyone having their own opinion. If it was me, I would take the opinions as a variety of critiques. How constructive would it have been if everyone said...looks good, or great. there's no creative input with those responses, unless of course, they were all serious, and I was the only one to say something different?

Now that it's done, and in place, it looks very personalized, not like it was machine carved.

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cabinetman said:
Does that mean I'm not going to be invited over for Thanksgiving dinner?:laughing: Really though, like you said in your other thread about everyone having their own opinion. If it was me, I would take the opinions as a variety of critiques. How constructive would it have been if everyone said...looks good, or great. there's no creative input with those responses, unless of course, they were all serious, and I was the only one to say something different? Now that it's done, and in place, it looks very personalized, not like it was machine carved. .
You can come for thanksgiving if you want.
The more the marry. Lol
I get what your saying and I do appreciate your likes and dislikes.
Thanks for the kind words.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Hey Dom., I'm glad to see the finished sign. It really looks great. The dark lettering and top and bottom edge stand out quite nicely. I remember that the edges had bark on them. Are the letters stained or painted? They're nice and bold and easy to read (which, of course, exactly what you want in a sign). Well done, Sir! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.