Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an old 1955 Craftsman Radial arm saw about 3 or 4 years ago and restored it. I then bought another one to use as parts and ended up restoring that one too. I sold the first one for $300 about 6 months ago and now, the one I thought I would never sell might be on it's way out :(

Why would I get rid of such a beautiful machine?

A buddy of mine asked if I wanted to buy a 1 year old Ridgid 10" Radial arm off of him for $75 and I couldn't pass it up. It cuts true and works great, I'll miss the jacobs chuck on the end however, I can buy a TS arbor mount that has a Jacobs chuck for $9 through Grizzly.

I'm also going to remake the cabinet it sits in, I want one that looks better and has more wood storage.

Now I've godda figure out how much to ask for this bad boy.

Pictures of the restore.
http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=12551

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Do you think the Ridgid is better than the old Craftsman? If so, in what way? That model CM is in my opinion, the best model they made. I've had a number of them, before buying an old Red Star ras. A big step up from the CM.
As far as the "electronic" CM ras's. Quite a few steps down, in quality, from what I've seen.
Value of the old one? Maybe $200, if you find someone who really wants it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
nice RAS. +1 on the c-man over the ridgid. CI (c-man) components vs. steel and aluminum (ridgid). i have that same c-man and wouldn't be without it. what do you do for dust collection?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts