Woodworking Talk banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Interested Observer
1,019 Posts
I would have built a shed for my gas powered stuff, snow blowers, lawn mowers, generators as well as my long handled tools freeing up that garage/shop space.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I don't think a bigger shop is what is really needed by most. The company I work for bought a 200,000 sq ft building 10 times the size we already occupied. We found everybody just spread out and it looks full again.

I think if most hobby woodworkers just looked at the things their intending to build and the true space needed they would find they can easily get by with far less.

I have a 500ft garage shop myself and as I started cleaning up as it sat idle for a few years I find there a whole lot of hoarding going on and a lot that has no sq. in. or ft. value.

Too much lumber or hardware I used when it was a cabinet shop I will no longer use.

After you spend many years at woodworking you can easily find a workable shop with flow and a hoarders shops full of stuff better suited at a yard sale or the trash.

I can say this for a fact..... I have too many clamps but will never have enough varieties. That's the kicker...Rebel

41 - 42 of 42 Posts