Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have just about all they offer in America. But the first purchase awhile ago was the ros an vacuum. Now I have 5. Never would buy any other unless someone produces a better product.

But one of the best things they have us the track saw. It is great at the shop an in the field. An the router works with the track as well. Go get one its wonderful. I could have never done this corner with out one.

image-2462520305.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have just about all they offer in America. But the first purchase awhile ago was the ros an vacuum. Now I have 5. Never would buy any other unless someone produces a better product.

But one of the best things they have us the track saw. It is great at the shop an in the field. An the router works with the track as well. Go get one its wonderful. I could have never done this corner with out one.

View attachment 72421

Do you still use your table saw now that you have the track saw?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Well, I only have one and it's the tracksaw.

·
Registered
417 Posts
MORRIS76 said:
Do you still use your table saw now that you have the track saw?
Oh yes. The saw comes in handy when it would be hard to difficult without an extensive jig. An the tracks are versatile u can use it with the router. The only thing that would replace this saw would be a panel saw but those run up to $15,000

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I won't be able to afford the kapex but that tracksaw and guide system look incredible. does the saw actually operate that smoothly and seamlessly?

I have a skil hd77 wormdrive circ saw and it is a beast to handle. a bit too aggressive for my needs.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Darcy

I gotta say man you inspire me. You remind me so much of my grandfather its crazy. Im 30 years old and have been doing the same types of jobs as you for the last 6 years for my own small company. This business is about quality and reputation and you seem to have that. If very evident that you love what you do and I was always taught that if you love your job you'll never work a day in your life. Thanks for the vid man. It really made an impact on me.

Jason

·
Sawdust Creator
8,047 Posts
I'd buy none....Yes their great tools.....but I could use the same amount of money to buy 5 or 6 other tools that are of really good quality.

·
Tool Fanactic
1,899 Posts
I'd buy none....Yes their great tools.....but I could use the same amount of money to buy 5 or 6 other tools that are of really good quality.
You sure can buy several of the other brands for the price of one Festool.

I will guarantee that those other tools won't last a person, that depends on their tools daily, as long as the Festool. When my Grandfather was my age, a skill saw cost him more then a weeks wages, but that saw is still working today.

Those 80.00 saws you can run out and buy, won't make it 5 years of daily use.

I can't afford cheap tools.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,047 Posts
Oh sure.....not arguing that one bit....but for me.....they're just not worth it. I won't buy an 80 dollar saw.....but the 250 dollar grizzly track saw will work fine......

Festool and all the other top of the line tool companies have their place......just probably not in my shop for a long long long while......

Now if they want to prove me wrong by providing a track saw to try out....I may change my mind.....lol

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well it would be the domino for me with no competition from there other products. I really really want to splurge and get one but not today, or tommorow. Or most likely ever lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts