Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I have been researching my Dad's Homecraft table saw. I have never seen one like this anywhere in my searches online. It is has a metal Homecraft CANADA plate on it. As well it is all forged not sheet metal. I believe it to be atleast 50 years old. I needs to be sold.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Probably 60-80 years old

Homecraft was the "consumer" priced saw from Delta/Rockwell. Good equipment just not as heavy built as heavy as the commercial equipment

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Catpower is right about the Saw but it looks like a litter mate to an old 8" tablesaw purchased through Montgomery Wards I grew up with. Made a lot of stuff with that old saw. It had a terrible un-self-aligning fence that had to be aligned each time you made a cut.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I had a '50's version and gave it away to someone on a forum for classic woodworking equipment where their members enjoy restoring these old machines.

If you want to just get rid of it don't give it away on Craigslist because someone will just scrap it.

In woodworking there is always more then one way to accomplish something.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
How about that Saw stand? That little stand has seen some action over the years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts