Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my job last month, the job I had closed doors, but I discovered something new to me, I started collecting pallets and making things, sold a few items to make some money, and it's been working great, found few things on line.. Anyone got any ideas of a project/craft that would sell good at a flee market??? Outside furniture, or toys, any ideas???

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't have any ideas for ya but I was messing with some pallet wood projects and found that even after meticulous inspection for nails and rocks I was getting nicks in my planer and jointer knives. I figured out the the nails they use on some pallets are banded or linked together with really small gauge copper looking wire and leave little pieces like small rings embedded in the nail hole. Who knows how many of these are now floating around in my equip. Just thought I'd let ya know. When sawing, steer clear of the nail holes...

·
where's my table saw?
28,745 Posts
I like the wine racks!

People who drink wine like to display their bottles. They may also have quite a few. They may also have a few dollars to spend. I would focus on large more extensive racks with different features. An enclosed space with doors for storage of accessories. etc. More glass holders. More bottle storgae. A floor model. Maybe an integerated wine cooler/fridge, or a place for those wines than need to be chilled?

Other ideas, recipe boxes or other "old" distressed looking boxes.
Crates made from pallet wood. Modular boxes that stack for furniture. Four crates that form a square with a glass top as a table.The use of glass will make the surfaces easy to clean and add a contemporary look to the rustic.

Welded metal painted black goes well with pallet wood. Search some scrap or recycling sites for used metal. Get to know a blacksmith or become one. :eek: Ebay has metal hardware for rustic applications.

I notice the legs on the table are made from 2 pieces. Make some legs that are hollow from 4 pieces and have a "heavy" look for harvest type tables.

What kind of tools are in your shop?

·
Registered
885 Posts
I lot of pallet projects are left with the rustic look so don't always need to be planed all smooth. One option if that is a concern is to use an old set of knives to get the wood cleaned up then a good set after. Maybe not so efficient but the OP does have some time on his hands. Maybe check a local library for a series of books called 2x4 furniture. They have a lot of ideas for simple projects that would be suitable for pallet use

1 - 5 of 5 Posts