Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just finished using my router planer jig to flatten both sides of an end grain cutting board and started in on the grueling task of sanding both sides smooth. I have been using the 5" hook and loop from the big box store, and this process usually takes about 3 hours per board starting with 60 grit and sanding through 220.

About 5 minutes in, I remembered I had some samples that a rep brought in to our rubbrr factory about 6 months ago. I figured I would give the 80 grit a try, and it got rid of all the lines after about 5 minutes of sanding per side! I couldn't believe it!!! I had stopped making so many boards because I hated having to sand for so long. Now I'm kicking myself for not trying these sooner.

Now I have to figure out the best place to grt 5" hook and loop KLINGSPOR sandpaper. Where do y'all normally buy this from? I know several people on here use it, I'm just wondering if there is a preferred online retailer y'all use. I doubt the rep would want to waste his time with small orders such as mine, but I plan on calling him tomorrow either way.

·
7,222 Posts
Now I have to figure out the best place to grt 5" hook and loop KLINGSPOR sandpaper. Where do y'all normally buy this from? I know several people on here use it, I'm just wondering if there is a preferred online retailer y'all use.
I feel the best place to purchase the excellent Klingspor discs is from - wait for it - Klingspor. :laughing:

The web site name is not intuitive.

I purchase most of my sanding supplies from the site. They have some stores in North Carolina.

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/category.aspx?id=21&f1=5"+X+5+HOLE

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geez, I was so excited about finding these discs that I didn't even do any research before posting. Sorry everyone, and thanks for the info!

I know they have several different types. What do y'all prefer?

·
Registered
293 Posts
captainawesome said:
I had just finished using my router planer jig to flatten both sides of an end grain cutting board and started in on the grueling task of sanding both sides smooth.
What is the router planer jig?

Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts