Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just finished using my router planer jig to flatten both sides of an end grain cutting board and started in on the grueling task of sanding both sides smooth. I have been using the 5" hook and loop from the big box store, and this process usually takes about 3 hours per board starting with 60 grit and sanding through 220.

About 5 minutes in, I remembered I had some samples that a rep brought in to our rubbrr factory about 6 months ago. I figured I would give the 80 grit a try, and it got rid of all the lines after about 5 minutes of sanding per side! I couldn't believe it!!! I had stopped making so many boards because I hated having to sand for so long. Now I'm kicking myself for not trying these sooner.

Now I have to figure out the best place to grt 5" hook and loop KLINGSPOR sandpaper. Where do y'all normally buy this from? I know several people on here use it, I'm just wondering if there is a preferred online retailer y'all use. I doubt the rep would want to waste his time with small orders such as mine, but I plan on calling him tomorrow either way.

·
7,222 Posts
Now I have to figure out the best place to grt 5" hook and loop KLINGSPOR sandpaper. Where do y'all normally buy this from? I know several people on here use it, I'm just wondering if there is a preferred online retailer y'all use.
I feel the best place to purchase the excellent Klingspor discs is from - wait for it - Klingspor. :laughing:

The web site name is not intuitive.

I purchase most of my sanding supplies from the site. They have some stores in North Carolina.

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/category.aspx?id=21&f1=5"+X+5+HOLE

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Geez, I was so excited about finding these discs that I didn't even do any research before posting. Sorry everyone, and thanks for the info!

I know they have several different types. What do y'all prefer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts